Saturday, October 08, 2005

Fractured Women (or Coat Lining!)


This artquilt is dedicated to the many women who are overextended and have too much to do.
Float in the water and relax your stress!!!!

Last year someone suggested I use a partially finished piece for a coat lining!!! I was so crushed that I folded it up into a mess and threw it on the floor. Walked on it, tripped over it, and then Terrie Hancock told me that Abraham Lincoln had a quilt for his coat lining!!! So I decided to finish it.It's a bit large and one half of it was quilted. The problem was that it was difficult to quilt because it had SO much WU that it was stiff. I figured if I washed AND dried it, the WU would soften it so I did. And then I quilted the other half!!!!

Really it's not bad; got it in a juried art show and now hangs in my living room and I like it!!!! I'm even going to continue the series!

4 Comments:

Blogger momma helen said...

Jo-
Thanks for sharing your blog. I've passed it on to one of my first friends, and art quilter in Maine-soon-to-be-Dallas.
You inspire me to want to jump in feet-first with this art quilt business. Thanks!

1:20 PM  
Blogger Deborah Boschert said...

Hey, here I am! I'm the Maine artquilter Helen mentioned. What a great blog and lovely work, Jo. I'll look forward to reading more. Have you checked out the Artful Quilters Webring? Click on my name to see my blog, then you'll see the link on my side bar. (I bet you knew this already!)

3:34 PM  
Blogger Dale Anne Potter said...

Your quilt looks FABULOUS.......not a coat lining to me - who would be able to enjoy it as a coat lining!!!
GREAT JOB!

6:35 AM  
Blogger Dan Da Man said...

hey jojo i love you blog. love you

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home